Saturday, April 18, 2009

SingTel and SingNet 1608, 1609 and 1610

I was surfing the internet as usual on Saturday morning and I was disconnected at about 1130 hrs. I check and found that my Residential Phone Line is down. So I thought it must have been an unannounced maintenance and decided to wait for few hours for the service to resume.

I decided to call the customer service at 1609 at 1330 hrs to report faulty phone line issue; instead I was directed to the customer service at 1608 by the option selected. I was told that I have call them about two days ago and ask for termination of my SingTel Residential Phone Line and SingNet Broadband Services.

I remember correctly that I only requested for termination of my Value Added Services of my SingNet Broadband Account which is Wireless Plus 3000, Anti Spam and Email Virus Scan Services when I call 1610 about two days ago. And I did receive a confirmation email from the SingNet Customer Service in the morning regarding my request.

I was told to call 1609 Sale and Customer Service to confirm the issue with them and was told again by them that I am suppose to call 1608 regarding any Phone Line Technical Issues. I was put on hold for more than 15 minutes while the three departments hold their interdepartmental meeting to discuss about whom fault is it.

So I thought to myself, SingNet Broadband is under my account while SingTel Residential Phone Line is under my mother account. If I am able to request termination of Services under other people account, will that make me a potential terrorist? These definitely have to be a miscommunication issue between their departments or it must be a conspiracy against their Non Value Added Customer.

I did get a call from StarHub Sale Department yesterday to offer me free Residential Phone Line Service and Free Broadband Internet Service for a year if I increase my StarHub Cable Vision subscription by a dollar or more. I had to turn down the offer because I have been very satisfied with my SingNet Broadband so far until now. I was thinking that I should have take up the offer yesterday to prevent the agony I am having today.

After much effort, they finally decided to resume my SingTel Residential Phone Line and SingNet Broadband Internet Service by 1800 hrs in the evening. And I was specifically instructed by 1608 department to call 1609 incase the Services are not resume by 1700 hrs.

No comments: