Monday, November 30, 2009

Love Story



It all started long time ago, on a Wednesday afternoon at the poly swimming pool. I never knew it started so early until MG told me the truth after she gives me her first kiss. I was doing my second year while she just joins the poly for first year. I love swimming a lot, and I like to do a bit of skin diving once in a while. I always swim at the ploy swimming pool every Wednesday afternoon, and that afternoon she went there for a swim with her classmates.

What caught her attention was that I was able to hold my breath and dive the breath of the swimming pool with ease. She was impressed and told some of her guy classmate that whoever can do the same thing; she will reward him with a kiss. Of course, none of them are able to do it, so she had make up her mind that her kiss was only for me.

She started off asking around for any information about me, and she manage to found out that one of her best friend was just starting go out with my best friend AK. Maybe it was fate; AK told me that the girl he is going after is kind of shy and wanted a group dating. Of course, MG was there to be my date whenever we went out for a group date. Every thing seems to be so perfect, for we have so much in common. We thought our love story would last till eternity, and we could even die for each other too.

As time goes by, we start to become steady and hang out more often as a pair, and of course as I have said earlier she give me her first kiss and told me the real reason for that kiss. I was a quiet, shy and shabby guy back then, the only clothing I wear is T-shirts and jeans, I could take a shower with just a piece of soap. I don’t know why, girls always want to change their guy after they have given them their most precious thing. The same thing happen to me, I was force to dress up more appropriately, and I had to start using shampoo, facial wash and shower foam.

Then problems start to happen between us, seem like I manage to get a lot of attention from other girls after that. Whenever I sit alone at the poly canteen having my lunch, girls tend to prefer to sit around me, and whenever MG saw that she will become angry for no reason. I also found out later that one of her best friend DT was having a crush on me, and she was making up tales behind my back to destroy my relationship.

Christmas was coming round the corner; I thought it might be a very good chance for me to do something about our relationship. I spend one month of my time every night, folding paper birds and putting them into a big glass bottle. I wanted to give it to MG as a surprise Christmas present, there are a total of 500 paper birds, each and every one of them were fill with my love, hope and thought of her.

It was Christmas Eve; we were supposed to meet up at Orchard for dinner. She came, and she wants me to promise her something first. She said DT told her that seaman always fool around when they go oversea, and she doesn’t want me to go sailing after my course. I told her that I couldn’t promise her that, as I need to sail at least six months to get my diploma, if not all the three years of studies will go down the drain.

She left, disappear among the crowd in Orchard, I don’t even have a chance to give her the Christmas present. The words she said before she left still tingling in my mind till these days, “Guess you are too good for me now, I am sure someday you will find a girl much better than me, just forget about me, ok?” Not even a hug, a kiss or a goodbye, she was gone from my life forever. We use to think our love story would last till eternity, and we use to think we could even die for each other too. Guess I am unwilling to give up my future for her, and she doesn’t have enough trust in me.

No comments: