Wednesday, January 23, 2019

iChing Cipher


Recently had participate in another Treasure Hunt Event named Hunt The Hamster organize by Max Xu of Key Reply, he is a very talented guy who design a Bot software which give very smart reply to online query. The Hints draft by him for this event is really mind blowing and at a much higher level than the Hunt The Mouse Event organize by Sqkii. Although I didn't won the prize but I did enjoy the process of deciphering the hints together with other participants.

With the closure of the event, I realized that the Colour Number Matrix is not sufficient for more complicated kind of Treasure Hunt as it only able to give Number instead of Alphabet. I started to work on this Alphabet Cipher which had took me some time to draft the foundation. As I initially want to use Pyramid or Rubik Cube idea for the Cipher, but as I try out the idea I found that it is too complicated and not perfect as with the 26 Alphabets and 10 Numbers Digits I will only need 36 Variation. The 3 Sided Pyramid give 40 Variations and the Rubik Cube give 54 Variations, as I am thinking about the possibilities I realized that I will need a 6 Bit Binary System for the 36 Variations.

There are only 8 Bit Binary and Hex Code for the existing computer language, the only 6 Bit Binary that I had discover is the Braille Code which is use for the Blind People. So I decided to use the concept to draft my 6 Bit Binary Code and then later adapt the Code to the iChing which is having 64 Variations. As I only need 36 Variations there are 28 Variations in iChing which I never use, above is the Cipher Table.

No comments: